Wednesday, August 29, 2007

So after doing a PCR screen on my knockouts today, I got a 100% positive results. Yay right? Then after talking to some people, realised that my screen's can't even tell btw homologous recombination and random integration. And because of the enmity (oh what a terrible word to use) btw people, I'm not allowed to tell P that the screen isn't really definitive. I have to go on pretending that things are well till I fail to get positive results in Southern. To protect my relationship with people, and to maintain my source of info and teaching, I promised S not to tell my mentor. S wants to expose this mistake in public in a group meeting, so we can be malu-ed.

That's agonising. Knowing something is wrong but not fixing it. But then I figured that the mistake will be realised at Southern anyway and there isn't anything much we can do now even if we know that the positives might not really be positive. So OK. And i was thinking, just thinking, hmm.. if i ever meet P at a non-lab environment, maybe i should just let her know.. Guess what, as I was going home after ballet, we happened to see each other at the bus stop, and wait for bus together. Sit down and wait. What a perfect opportunity to talk right? So I told her.

I'm sure it got her thinking. But as I said, it's not going to change much cos we'll need a Southern to confirm KOs anyway. Maybe now she'll realise what's wrong with Adam's clones. Made me feel slightly better, now that I've told her. But I feel bad again. For breaking my promise to S. What happens if S finds out that I told her? She'll really not teach me again. What if S asks me if I told P? What do I say? Damn. Why must my mentor be someone everyone dislikes? 说她误人子弟,now the only one who is being 整 is me. 因为她们两个的纠纷,害得我要走很多冤枉路。I have to place myself in such a way that I don't offend any side and I'm so tired of doing that. Come on, the conflict's btw the 2 of you, why does it have to involve me?

Last week, I felt like I couldn't stand P and her obnoxious attitude. Today I feel like I can't stand S with her eagerness for revenge or her thirst to 整P. I want to go lunch with R. This is simply ridiculous.

No comments: