Ran gel on PCR products. Darn I threw the gel away. Think I'm supposed to cut the band out.. Ok, nvm it's just a trial anyway
Nice strong bands. So beautiful. I love my gel. But think I got the toxic EtBr all over my printout and probably all over my desk and notebook. Aargh, hope I don't get cancer..
Measured OD for cultures in M9 inoculated on, erm, Monday. Yup, it's been 5 days but the incubator was spoilt, temperature said 12.6degrees instead of 37degrees. I think the actual temperature is about 25degrees. Still too low for optimum growth. So we just left the cultures inside and measured final OD today.
MG1655 0.166 x 8
MG1655 + P 0.114 x 8
DH5a 0.119 x 8
DH5a + NS3 0.110 x 8
D-S 0.114 x 8
Not much difference btw host and P+ for DH5 apparently. Final biomass is still lower than that in LB. Overnight OD for LB is about 0.3 x 8 for MG and 0.2 x 8 for MG+P.
Friday, April 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment